- “Felicia Angeja Viator on Cypress Hill’s ‘Cypress Hill’ (1991),” Heat Rocks, Podcast Episode 139, May 28, 2020.
- "It Was A Good Day: Talking the Rise of Gangsta Rap with Felicia Angeja Viator," Los Angeles Review of Books podcast, April 12, 2020.
- "On Toddy Tee and the Batterram," for The Show Must Go On series at US History Scene, March 2020.
- Nastia Voynovskaya, "A New Book Traces Gangster Rap From People’s Movement to Commercial Force", KQED Arts & Culture, April 1, 2020
- Frank Valish, "Review: To Live and Defy in LA: How Gangsta Rap Changed America," Under the Radar, March 20, 2020
- "Felicia A. Viator Interview with Todd L. Burns," Music Journalism Insider, March 9, 2020
- Raymond Cummings, "Review: To Live and Defy in LA," The Wire, Issue 432, February 2020, p. 71
- "Historian Explores 'Gangsta Rap' Origins in New Book," interview with Jamie Oppenheim, LCA News and Highlights, February 2020
- Brett Callwood, "Book of the Month: Felicia Angeja Viator's To Live and Defy in LA," LA Weekly, December 2019
- Friday, March 27, 7:30pm. (POSTPONED untill the Fall)
1818 North Vermont Ave.
Los Angeles, CA